Fish Korma is a very popular dish among fish food lovers of Northern India as well as other parts of India.Various methods are prevalent to prepare it.So give a try to this one too.
- Fish [rohu or tengan] [cut into round pieces]
- Salt 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Asafoetida [hing] 1/4 tsp
- Ginger 50 gm
- Curd 250 gm
- Garlic cloves 20
- Salt to taste
- Onion 4 medium
- Tomato 3 medium
- Green coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Dry garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Oil [Mustard or refined] 1 cup
Preparation:1.To clean the fish pieces,rub hing on pieces and wash with water.Now rub the pieces with a mixture of salt [1 tsp] and lemon juice [2 tsp]. Mix turmeric powder and leave for 1/2 hour.Then wash thoroughly and let the excess water drain.
2.To prepare masala to wrap the fish pieces,grind garlic and ginger.Add salt and beaten curd.Wrap the pieces with this paste and leave for about an hour.
3.Chop finely the onions,tomato,green chili and green coriander leaves.
4.Soak the fenugreek seeds in 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat a deep pan on full flame.Add oil.
- Fry chopped onion till golden brown.Take out the fried onion.
- Grind fried onion,tomato and soaked fenugreek seeds.
- To this paste,add turmeric powder,red chili powder and coriander powder.Mix well to get a thick paste.
- Now ,take fish pieces out from curd mixture and fry in the pan till fish becomes light brown & tender.Take out the fried fish and keep separately.Save the remaining curd paste for later use.
- Now add the above thick paste to the pan.Fry by stirring continuously for a few seconds.
- Add gradually remaining curd paste of curd & garlic etc.,keep on stirring till all the paste is used and masala turns golden,oil starts oozing in the pan.
- Now add fried fish pieces,saute till all pieces are well wrapped.
- Add dry garam masala powder and 2 cup of water.Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Ensure the gravy is thick.Close the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.