Now a recipe developed by my husband while living alone for some time in another city in connection with his job.He used to cook himself and never outsourced it to any body else.At the same time,he used to be short of time but his cooking hobby made him to modify the usual methods of popular dishes to cut it short.Well have a look and enjoy!
- Chicken pieces 500 gm
- Dry garam masala 2tbsp
- Red chili 2 pieces
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion 6 medium size
- Garlic cloves 5
- Ginger 1 small
- Green coriander leaves 1 small bunch
- Green chili 5-6 pieces
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Curd 1 cup
- Refined oil
- Wash the chicken pieces and make cuts on it.
- Mix 1/2 tsp of salt & lemon juice with it and leave aside for 15 minutes
- Chop the onions.
- Chop finely the coriander leaves & ginger.
- Crush garlic cloves.
- Chop green chillies lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry bay leaves for a few seconds,then add black pepper corn,green cardamom,black cardamom,red chili and javitri.Fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion pieces and crushed garlic cloves,mix and fry till golden brown.
- Add salt,ginger,turmeric powder and dry garam masala.Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces.Mix till every piece is well wrapped.
- Saute well till the colour of chicken changes.Keep stirring.
- When water,discharged by chicken,evaporates,add curd 7 mix well.
- When oil starts oozing in the pan and chicken becomes tender,add 2 cup of water.
- Cover the pan and cook on low temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Saute after 5 minutes.Check if chicken is cooked.
- It must be having small quantity of gravy,If found extra,cook for a few more minutes on low flame.