Phalsa (also known as Falsa), is a small berry fruit that comes from the shrub-plant Grewia asiatica and is native to India and South Asia. This fruit is full of anti-oxidants and is known for its high nutritional value. Bringing you this flavorful home-made drink to enjoy this summer!
Ingredients (Servings: 7-8 of 200 ml)
- Phalsa 250gm
- Sugar 6-8 tbsp
- Water 1Lit
- Powder Roasted cumin seed 1/2tsp
- Black salt 1tsp
- Ice cubes or crushed ice (to serve it chilled)
- Mint leaves (for decoration)
- Take Phalsa in a dish and wash thoroughly with water.
- Soak in water for 4 to 5 hours in bowl.
- Mash thoroughly with spoon and pour into other bowl through a strainer.
- Continue straining through until pulp(mostly seeds) is remaining,
keep adding a little amount of water slowly as needed to help with the straining process. Dispose of the leftover pulp.
- Now Phalsa juice ready.
- Add sugar ,black salt and cumin powder and stir thoroughly and Phalsa syrup is ready.
- Keep it in fridge for cooling.
- Take glasses as per your requirement.
- Add 1/4 glass of crushed ice, 1/4 Phalsa syrup and pour water.
- Decorated with mint leaves and straw.
- Serve chilled.